Monday, June 13, 2005

Jackson Not Guilty on All Counts

Okay I thought I was done for today, but I logged onto MSN and found this horror staring me in the face. What a travesty of justice! Why does injustice still shock me? Perhaps, it shouldn’t; you may say, “Ophelia, you’re old to remember O.J., Monica-gate, and other incredulous headline-grabbing mockeries of all that is sane and good and --- aaargh! Hang on while I light another cigarette and drain that bottle of Jameson’s --- Maybe, I should not be surprised by American idiocy, but the day I am no longer outraged is the day I will have discovered the oblivion of heroin addiction. But for now….

Following the very first public accusation of Michael Jackson, I said, “He wrote songs like “Thriller” and “Billie Jean” and “Beat It”. He sang with the great Sir Paul. He inspired numerous Weird Al parodies. He’s an artist, a beautiful mind. He loves children. Such a man could never molest a child.” Then I got therapy and he was accused again and I said, “OMG, of course he’s guilty. I mean he wrote songs like “Thriller” and “Billie Jean” and “Beat It”. He sang with Paul McCartney. He inspired numerous Weird Al parodies. He claims to love children so much that he feels compelled to sleep with them. He must be a pedophile.”

And like all right-minded, opinionated people who are seldom, if ever, wrong, I am dumbfounded at the number of seemingly sane people who don’t get it. Look at him. Listen to him. What do you think happened to McCauly Culkin? Key has a clue; you mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging supporters of pedophilia need to get one, too.

Am I being too harsh on MJ’s supporters? Surely they’re just gullible or mislead or (God forbid) optimists? No, they’re idiots.

They read or watch news articles about the chef who saw it all, and they respond by accusing him of being French and a chef and conclude, “the witness is obviously lying, I mean he’s a Frog, he cooks for a living. Duh!”

They point out that the accusing family is poor and trying to get money. Clearly, if the accusing family were rich, their attempts to make Jacko pay for their child’s pain and suffering (which WILL last a life-time), would be regarded as “just”: the rich family just wants justice; the poor family needs money.

They say, “MJ is being oppressed because he’s a rich, African-American.” This doesn’t deserve a response, but I’m mad so here goes:
& MJ’s not an African-American by any definition of the word; he’s a former child star who does not now and never has lived in the real world; I would be flabbergasted if he ever experienced racism
& One cannot “oppress” the rich and powerful. It defies logic and semantics. “Oppression” is what the rich and powerful do to the poor and weak, you dumbasses.

The alternative to the preceding would be, “The Man is persecuting MJ because he’s a …” Also bullshit because
& “The Man” no longer exists; welcome to the 21s century.
& “Persecution” is an interesting choice of words; it conjures images of witch-trials and lynching, rather than the lawful pursuit of justice against a powerful and rich pedophile which this trial should have been.
& For the “because” clause, see above.

Well, the verdict has been rendered and the pajama-wearing freak of nature who cries more than I do when I’ve missed a dose of my happy pills is now free to return to Neverland (you know that place where the lost boys of J. M. Barnes’ Peter Pan await the return of their fearless leader), Jacko’s defenders can return to La La Land, where nothing bad ever happens to anyone, and I can go back to nursing the rage-induced migraine-from-hell. Thanks, MJ jury.

1 Comments:

At 6/16/2005 3:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Calling them idiots is far too nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home