Saturday, June 11, 2005

Ten (More) Things

Key did a lot of fussing and called me a newbie and accused me of being impolite. So here's another list (this one actually conforms to the original theme).

Ten Things I Have Not Done, But Intend to Do Before I Die.

Defend my dissertation. The defense should take place some time between July 8th and 12th, which means I can die any time after that, but not before (from this blog to God's ears).

Subject A Clock Work Orange Happier to my will. This may take a while.

Publish a fully annotated critical version of the complete works of Margaret Cavendish.

Balance my checkbook. If you would like to contribute to The Balance Ophelia's Checkbook by Adding More Money to It Foundation, I accept PayPal.

Give my pussy a bath. She's very dirty, and is starting to smell. Besides she's all matted and stuff.

Plant a garden. The only truly happy memory of my maternal grandfather is of working in his giant garden, drinking tea from a jar, feeling very small walking through rows of corn.

Visit the Hemp Capital of the world: Amsterdam. Be a judge in the High Times Cannabis Cup.

Single-handedly reform the Republican Party. Granted this will be a monumental task, and may take some time, but it must done or America will suffer under the tyranny of so-called conservatives who have mistaken moralistic oppression for political conservatism.

Start my very own self-sufficient artist commune. Writers, poets, painters, sculptors, musicians. It will be an orgy of creativity. We'll starve together and live a monk-like existence. It'll be great!!!!

Achieve nirvana; figure it all out; detach from everything; fully connect with God and all existence. This will of course have to be the final thing I do before I die , as I will be pure being at that point and will have completely detached from a world of action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home